Join Fellow Rotarians in the 1st Cycle Grant Committee Vetting Process—Now Underway!
Toledo Rotary Club Foundation received 20 grant requests for its 1st cycle July 31, 2018; total dollars re-quested, $179,699! Committee members now begin the vetting process as each submission is reviewed, site visits scheduled to each applicant, and committee members bring those results back to committee for discussion and determination as to whether the grant submitted meets our foundation’s criteria and share their understanding of the need. Committee members then vote to recommend which grants are considered for approval, which are denied and which are tabled—as a Club member, you make the decision about where your donations go.
You are invited to attend any one of the service committee meetings listed below to participate in the process and decide if this is an area of service that fits you. A listing of each committees & upcoming next meeting dates is listed below—just show up and let the chairman know you’re visiting or joining!
Check the website calendar for updates at www.toledorotary.org.
1. Youth Service—Chairman/Kendra Smith & Vice Chairman/Candice Harrison: September 10 @ 1 p.m.—7 grants to consider
2. International Services—Chairman/Mike Noble & Vice Chairman/Ford Bennett: September 10 @ 1 p.m.—3 grants to consider
3. Disability Service—Chairman/Hana Mourad & Vice Chairman/Rick Marshall: September 10 @ 1 p.m.—2 grants to con-sider
4. Water Service—No grants received 1st cycle
5. Community Service—Chairman/Gary Corrigan & Vice Chairman/Marcus Newbern: September 10 @ 1 p.m.—7 grants to consider