We are the 13th largest Rotary club in the world. Our members’ volunteerism, fundraising, and fellowship affect the quality of life in the community. We invite you to learn more about the Rotary Club of Toledo, and how you can make a difference in the lives of others. By submitting an application, you are joining like-minded leaders who are making a difference. You agree to adhere to the constitution and by-laws which govern our Club and foster the ideals of Rotary. Rotary membership is by invitation only and your application must be approved by the Club’s board of directors.
Please read the Many Faces of Rotary to learn more.
Benefits and Privileges as a Rotarian
- Making the acquaintance of people one ought to know.
- Having genuine, wholesome, good fellowship.
- Developing true and helpful friendships.
- Enlightening your work, problems, and successes of others.
- Educating in methods that increase efficiency.
- Stimulating your desires to be of service.
- Experiencing business returns that come from enlarging your acquaintances and inspiring confidence in you and in your business.
- Serving your community, improving your vocation, and promoting international friendship.
- Acquainting with those in other businesses and professions.
- Participating in stimulating programs at weekly meetings.
- Meeting other Rotarians when attending other Rotary clubs.
Responsibilities as a member of the Rotary Club of Toledo
One of the major benefits of membership in the Rotary Club of Toledo is the fellowship we gain. Whether it’s working side by side in hands-on service projects or attending the fun-filled social events such as bowling, Rotary Unplugged, Kids Against Hunger, or Dragon Boat Races, fellowship is a primary reason Rotarians stay involved and create lifelong friendships through Rotary membership.
- Get to know your fellow Rotarians by attending the great weekly program meetings featuring outstanding speakers and program topics—based on our Club’s Constitution & By-Laws all members are expected to attend 50% of our meetings—participation in a service project, fellowship or attending another club are considered make-up’s and count toward the 50% attendance requirement
- Promote the ideal of service through your personal participation on a committee of your choice or a hands-on service project
- Regular and on-time payment of semi-annual dues—Club dues are payable upon receipt; dues may be paid on-line with a credit card
- Each Rotarian is expected to annually donate to the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation; however, the amount of the donation is up to you
- Each member is expected to support the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation and the Rotary International Foundation at a level of giving within the member’s means
- It is a privilege and obligation of every Rotarian to propose new members and share the Object of Rotary:
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The member application is quite simple.
- Visit a Monday meeting and see if the Rotary Club of Toledo interests you.
- Complete an application. (Including a short bio and photo)
- The Club board has a 10 day comment period and if your application is accepted, you will be contacted to begin attending meetings.
- Once you have paid the entrance fee and dues, you will be formally introduced at a Monday meeting.