- Is a diverse collection of civic-minded business and professional community leaders who meet weekly
for fellowship, professional enrichment, and the opportunity for service.
- Provides an opportunity for business development networking with a variety of community business
leaders and professionals.
- Offers a wealth of opportunities for networking, creating friendships, and doing good in the community alongside other like-minded leaders.
- Distributes more than $200,000+ annually in grants to those in need through the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation. As Rotarians, members make this possible through their voluntary annual contributions.
- Offers a variety of volunteer opportunities to members interested in hands-on activities through
our seven service committees which are focused on community, youth, vocational, disability, water, international service, and peace.
- Through our Foundation, pledged $440,000 to our community in celebration of our Centennial in 2012.
This includes $300,000 to Toledo Metro Parks for the first-ever downtown Metro Park, the Middlegrounds, which opened September 16, 2016.
- Our member donations have made it possible to provide $2,742,576 in grant funding since 2000!
- Our Club is currently focused on three transformational projects, identified as long-range, long-term sustainable projects having a major impact on our community — those three projects, now underway address Universal Pre-K for all of NW Ohio, Lead Abatement in NW Ohio, and clean water throughout NW Ohio and the Lake Erie Watershed.
A fellowship of Toledo leaders engaged in service to our local & world community
Five Strategic Plan Initiatives
- Be one of the 10 largest Rotary Clubs while increasing member engagement in service and fellowship.
- Select and support several major community transformational projects.
- Support the growth and strategic initiatives of the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation, to enable increased sponsorship of community and international projects and agencies.
- Continue to enhance the Club’s internal effectiveness while increasing the visibility and recognition of the Club’s efforts and influence in Northwest Ohio.
- Increase participation with other Clubs in international and district projects and events.
Our Club History
Founded on May 3, 1912, The Rotary Club of Toledo has a long-standing tradition and members are dedicated to the Rotary International motto: “Service Above Self.” Our Club is number 44 out of 32,000 worldwide and is currently the 10th largest Rotary Club in the world. As a non-profit organization comprised of business and professional leaders, we proudly adhere to high ethical standards, build community goodwill, develop relationships through networking, and encourage fellowship and mutual respect. Above all else, we provide humanitarian service to groups in need at home and abroad.
In its early years, the Rotary Club of Toledo was instrumental in founding a school for children living with disabilities. Today that same school, Glendale Feilbach School, serves as one of Toledo’s public elementary schools. Our Club maintains an active role with the school. Our members take pride in supporting and enhancing our local community and the world through volunteerism; share their talents, time and resources for the advancement of local and international communities; and, take an active role in building fellowship with other community leaders and working together to promote positive change for the benefit of others.
The Rotary Club of Toledo supported and organized its own foundation in January 1952. The Toledo Rotary Club Foundation is a 501c3 and became a public foundation in 2001.