Top Reasons to Join Toledo Rotary
Our Vision Statement
The Rotary Club of Toledo is a community of highly engaged leaders, committed to ever-increasing involvement and service to Rotary International and our own region. Club members share friendship and fellowship through service above self and provide extensive resources to fund community transformational programs and major long-term projects.
The Four Way Test
1. Is it the Truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Apply the Rotary 4-Way Test to everything you think, say, or do. It may help you identify what it is in life that matters most to you – your bottom-line principles – so that you will be more likely to make decisions that ring true to your conscience.
Becoming A Member
How to Join
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Rotarian. Rotary is an association of individual clubs, with each club operating autonomously. Membership is extremely important to us, and we are always eager to hear from individuals interested in our mission and in joining our Rotary club. The RI universal premise is that the membership of each club constitutes an accurate representation of the business and professional population within the community served.
Membership in the Rotary Club of Toledo requires an invitation and sponsorship by two members of the Club.
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Membership in the Rotary Club of Toledo offers a number of benefits, including:
- effecting change within the community
- advancing business and professional contacts
- developing leadership skills
- gaining an understanding of – and having an impact on – international humanitarian issues
Through our Club’s service committees, members can have a significant effect on the quality of life in our community. The Toledo Rotary Club Foundation programs offer opportunities to form partnerships locally and internationally that help people in need worldwide. Some 1.3 million Rotarians in 34,000 clubs in more than 200 countries make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
Rotary empowers members to dream large in addressing needs in local and international communities. There is no other organization that has the structure, the network, and resources that are available to its membership. Individual members create our projects – from the global eradication of polio, to a local beautification project, our members determine our action.
Visiting Our Club
The Rotary Club of Toledo meets Mondays at noon unless a national holiday falls on Monday. We host our meetings at the Toledo Club, located at 235 14th Street in downtown Toledo. Luncheons are on the 4th floor in the Belvedere Room. At this time, we are also pleased to offer a virtual option for those who wish to join us via Zoom.
Benefits and Privileges as a Rotarian
- Making the acquaintance of people one ought to know.
- Having genuine, wholesome, good fellowship.
- Developing true and helpful friendships.
- Enlightening your work, problems, and successes of others.
- Educating in methods that increase efficiency.
- Stimulating your desires to be of service.
- Experiencing business returns that come from enlarging your acquaintances and inspiring confidence in you and in your business.
- Serving your community, improving your vocation, and promoting international friendship.
- Acquainting with those in other businesses and professions.
- Participating in stimulating programs at weekly meetings.
- Meeting other Rotarians when attending other Rotary Clubs.
We ask the sponsors to make certain that the prospective member is the owner, partner, officer, or manager of their business or professional organization.
The prospective member completes the application form, providing information that permits an assessment of whether the prospect promises to be a good Rotarian.
Member application can be complete on-line HERE or you may download, print, and drop off during a Monday meeting. With the application a one-time new member entry fee is due.
The processing time for new members includes a 10-day determination process by the Club board at which time the prospective member is invoiced for Club dues, which must be paid in advance of introduction to members.
Members over 40 pay a $300 one-time entry fee and members under 40 pay $100. Dues are $550 annually for members over 40 and $275 for members under 40. Corporate membership is available, and includes 2 members with annual dues of $1500 and a one-time new member entry fee of $500. Dues are invoiced once annually at this time, but can also be paid monthly by cash, check or credit card.