The Four-Way Test Speech Contest is an annual opportunity for Toledo area high school students to share their perspective on important issues in our world today and apply the Rotary Four-Way Test (more about the history of the Four-Way Test can be found below). This year we are asking students to focus their speeches on one of the following topics: Peace, Justice or Conflict Resolution.
Entries can be no more than 90 seconds in length (points will be deducted for going over). Contestants can prepare a video with facts, statistics, stories, examples and quotations. The speech should be memorized. Notes may be used but reading directly from notes is discouraged. No displays, props or prompting are allowed.
The Four-Way Test is what Rotary is built on:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to ALL concerned?
3. Will it build GOOD WILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? 4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to ALL concerned?
Awards will be as follows: 1st $400, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Videos should be saved and submitted in .mp4 format so they can be easily viewed by the committee.
Please submit your video via email to Jaci Bugaj, Executive Director, at [email protected] by Friday, April 15, 2022.
1) In the subject line of your email include: Rotary, Four-Way Test: 90 Seconds
2) Include your name, email, year in school, and title of video
3) Parent and student must complete electronic permission form (Section 2) to be eligible for this contest, which can be found here: 4-Way Test Speech Contest Rules & Release Form 2022
Deadline for entries: Friday, April 15, 2022
Awards announced: no later than Monday, May 9th, 2022