Why should I join the Rotary Club of Toledo?
1. Friendship: In an increasingly complex world, Rotary provides one of the most basic human needs: the need for friendship and fellowship. It is one of two reasons why Rotary began in 1905.
2. Networking: The second original reason for Rotary’s beginning was business development. Everyone needs to network. Rotary consists of a cross section of every business community. Its members come from all walks of life. Rotarians help each other and collectively help others.
3. Personal Growth and Development: Membership in Rotary continues one’s growth and education in human relations and personal development.
4. Leadership Development: Rotary is an organization of leaders and successful people. Serving in Rotary positions is like a college education. Leadership: learning how to motivate, influence, and lead leaders.
5. Citizenship in the Community: Membership in a Rotary club makes one a better community citizen. The average Rotary club consists of the most active citizens of any community.
6. Continuing Education: Each week at Rotary there is a program designed to keep one informed about what is going on in the community, nation, and world. Each meeting provides an opportunity to listen to different speakers and a variety of timely topics.
7. Fun: Rotary is fun, a lot of fun. Each meeting is fun. The Club projects are fun. Social activities are fun. The service is fun.
8. Public Speaking Skills: Many individuals who joined Rotary were afraid to speak in public. Rotary develops confidence and skill in public communication and the opportunity to practice and perfect these skills.
9. Citizenship in the World: Every Rotarian wears a pin that says “Rotary International.” There are few places on the globe that do not have a Rotary club. Every Rotarian is welcome – even encouraged – to attend any of the 34,000 clubs in 194 nations and geographical regions. This means instant friends in both one’s own community and in the world community.
10. The Development of Social Skills: Every week and at various events and functions, Rotary develops one’s personality, social skills, and people skills. Rotary is for people who like people.
How do I join?
The member application is quite simple.
- Visit a Monday meeting and see if the Rotary Club of Toledo interests you.
- Complete an application.
- The Club board has a 10 day comment period and if your application is accepted, you will be contacted to begin attending meetings.
- Once you have paid the entrance fee and dues, you will be formally introduced at a Monday meeting.
To view our Corporate Membership Outline, please click here.Apply Now